I began painting with oils full time in 2014. I am drawn to abstracted representational works with decisive mark making, specifically works with ambiguous narratives and works in which the peripherals and "the space in between" are suggested not specified. I have a background in front-end web development, and was employed as a wide-area network engineer for NASA upon graduation from university.
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science. University of Alabama in Huntsville
Classes and Workshops
- Monthly Group Critiques, Mia Bergeron. Jul-Dec 2016
- Beginning Drawing, Stan Townsend. Oct 2016
- Palette Knife Painting, Mia Bergeron. Jul 11, 18, 25 & Aug 1 2016
- Painting Mentorship, Mia Bergeron. Nov 2015-April 2016
- Sketching the Portrait in Oils, Mia Bergeron. Sept 2015.
- Painting Mentorship, Mia Bergeron. May-Sept 2015
- Step by Step Introduction to Oil Painting, Mia Bergeron. 2015
- Plein Air Landscape Workshop, Caleb Goggans. 2014
To see works in progress, follow me on these accounts.
My little rescue horse, Ziggy, that I adopted in 2003.